Saturday, July 1, 2017

Marauder: Heavy Rocket Launcher

MSV1... for those ALEPH snipers.
And don't forget fire damage for those pesky ODD enemies.

This man was the first to get a lick of paint on.  Forward deploy, fire damage and ODD- with an extra burst from Fireteam Haris (or Core)- made him a mandatory figure for Ariadna.


Rokkit launcha!
I'm particularly happy with the rocket launcher.

I made the unusual step of using VMC Black Grey before starting my usual highlighting and washing processing.  (See USA Grunt 1 for the tutorial).  For bigger weapons with lots of rounded surfaces- the Black Grey makes a nice transition between shadow and highlight.  Of course, careful light washing with VMC Black smooths it out.

Pouches and soft ballistic armour.
The pouches turned out a bit average.  My brush is starting to fail and I wasn't able to get the precise highlights on the ridges of the brown pouches.  Still, it is good enough for the table top.

What I was quite happy with was how the sand coloured armour turned out.  The recipe was VMC Khaki, then highlight with 50:50 mix VMC Khaki and VMC Medium Grey over the raised surfaces and on the flat panels.  Then a final highlight of VMC Dark Sand.  This shows up the best on the area between the two shoulder straps.

That knife....
The one thing I wasn't very happy with was the way the knife scabbard was painted.

I've always found it quite tricky painting leather.  I'll try to experiment a bit more with some other techniques.

ODD... come at me!
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment