Monday, November 3, 2014

Daturazi 2.0: Aristophanes

Snap City?  I'm from Muscleville!!!
I've had this box of Daturazi sitting on my desk for months now and not been motivated to paint at all.  But after hearing about the new improved shotgun rules I decided to get some shotgun toting models ready for N3.

Firstly, assembly was fine- right up until the pony tail.

Pony tail- ridiculous point of attachment.
This held me up for a week as I fiddled and tried different variations of superglue, zap-a-gap and araldyte- none of which were utlimately very satisfactory.  I ended up drilling out small holes to create a 'socket' for the glue to fall into- and if it falls off again- I'll have to try an ultra thin brass rod.

Stop dissing my range of motion and get yourself in motion
Painting the broad sections of flesh was the most off putting part of painting the model, but once I got underway it wasn't too bad.  Successive highlights are, after all, going over smaller and smaller areas so it gets easier as the painting progresses.

The tricep trail leads to Mount Bicepius
It may be time to field a Daturazi link team!

Until next time, happy gaming.

2 comments: