Sunday, July 13, 2014

Q-Drone: "Nemo"

It's dangerous to go alone- take this spoon.
Having heard many musings on the internet about the utility of Drones in the Combined Army- I thought I'd paint one up.

First off- it was a total chit to put together.  The rear fins, the arms, the tenatcles and the horns were an utter pain in the angus to apply and then to make them stick.  In fact, despite copious amounts of araldyte and Zap-a-Gap, some of them are still loose!  I'm dreading the day when this model tips over and the components go whizzing across the table.

There are areas that completely 'frosted' over with super glue residue that I needed to carefully shave off with a hobby blade.  Also stray bits of araldyte landed over the carapace- some of which are still there (painted over).  Very annoying.

That being said, once assembled it actually looks not too bad.

FBIUndercoverVanWIFI... Repeater not even once.
The next thing to sort out was the colour scheme.

The studio model was painted some time ago and I didn't like it.  It looked like a fluorescent house plant.  So I took my "EI" paint palette and applied it to the drone.  I think it's turned out well enough, still looking semi-organic and keeping with the rest of the force.

Would rep you tenderly.  Reps till I'm out.
I'm particularly pleased with the HMG.  The studio weapon looks like a stubby water pistol.  This looks a bit more menacing.  Especially with the red laser dot!

I sense... Butthurt!
From a game perspective it's handy little guy to have.  A total reaction HMG with monofilament mines and with added mimetism!  Park him on some feature with a bit of cover and let him ARO until his heart is content.

Manlets- when will they learn
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment