Sunday, June 22, 2014

Morat Vanguard HMG (New Version): Bacchus 2.0

Neg cannons at the ready...
This is the first miniature of the Morat SWC box set that I completed.  

He is carrying a HMG that looks very different to the old style one.  The sculpt is great!  I love the new look.


Green and brown highlights done.
So this was the same model after doing the laborious undercoat, then base coat and then highlighting.  It does mean I get excited at this stage because that's the worst part of painting the miniature over!

No highlighting versus with highlighting
I have to say that highlighting a model makes a huge difference to the end result.  If you are a beginning painter- I highly encourage you to start edge highlighting.  It is the easiest way to highlight and you'll be very pleased you did!

Hair done
The next step was to do the hair and the base coat of the 'white' areas.  And do the basic highlighting of the weapon.  The hair is a real pain- taking 3 successive stages of highlighting to get right.  I miss the old days of just drybrushing... except that I can't make it look as good as painting each strand.

Skin, Blues, 'ultra'-highlighting and the base.
Of course, once the hair is done- all that's left is detailing... and the face of course.

Leading to....

Look at my teeth!
And now a view from the side:

Das it mane!
And finally:
Red targeting aid.
Until next time- happy wargaming!


No comments:

Post a Comment