Thursday, March 27, 2014

Zerat Hacker: Calonice

Swiping away an annoying insect
This has to be by least favourite miniature by far.

The sculpt is OK, but it was my rushed assembly that spoiled it.  Here and there are spots of araldyte and dried superglue that I could not scrape off with my hobby knife before painting.  It was not a very good start.

I kept the colour scheme consistent with my older Morats.

Glowing head piece for hacking the interweb
And the hair!  How sick am I of layering hair?

Blue bags under my eyes
The key take away point is not to rush the assembly of frail models.  I'd suggest doing it one piece at a time and giving it 24hrs to set before gluing the next one.

The messy residue left over really spoils some of the detailing- like the pouch and the neck area.  No amount of good painting can cover that up.


On the bright side, ugly models often have a blessed talent of staying alive on the table!  Unkillable silver miniatures versus the well painted characters that are taken out with a single shot.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment