Thursday, October 24, 2013

What Can Men Do Against Such Reckless Hate?

Almost finished- just need to fix up the OSL
Yes I had some embarassing moments- like gluing the wrong pair of arms onto 2 miniatures.  Hence some of their odd poses.  Still, even with that they are looking totally mean as a Yaogat fire-team.  I still have to a clean up of the miniatures- with their weapon vents and their central power 'stone'- before varnishing.  However, I was so struck by how good they look (as a team) I had to post theses photos.

Looking bad ass!
I was experimenting with the Morat faces and was finding that they were looking too much like the Combined Army symbols on their pauldrons (shoulder pads).  So before I forget....

MORAT FACE
I did the base in Charred Brown.  Highlighted with Khorne Red.  A further highlight with Evil Sunz Scarlett.  Final 'ultra' highlight with a 50:50 mix of Evil Sunz Scarlett and Bronzed Flesh.  The closest Morat  

Crassus and Octavian love staring at their Panzerfausts.
The black weapon highlights were done with Vallejo Ivory and Vallejo Ghost Grey.  I used them interchangeably and I'm not sure which is better.  I had a problem with making the black pistols stand out with both colours- so that's something that I'll have to experiment with further.

Advance to contact!

No comments:

Post a Comment